Saturday, August 12, 2006

The Wiggles Live


We told my son that we were going to see The Wiggles, but without a frame of reference he really didn’t understand what that meant. After all, to him, The Wiggles are only on the television. So, his expressions clearly said, “what’s special about that.”

The concert was at The Palace (where the Detroit Pistons play basketball). By the time we got there, my nerves were a little fried because my son had decided that he was in the car too long and wanted out NOW. We walked in and they had two big screens playing scenes from The Wiggles show. He was pretty excited about that and I think that he thought that was it…this was the big thing that we had come to see.



When the lights went out, he told us it was dark and then he settled back in his seat. We bought him a Wiggles light toy and he was happy to watch the changing colors. The look of awe on his face when The Wiggles came out was priceless. Not only was he seeing The Wiggles, but they were singing his favorite song – “Toot Toot, Chugga Chugga.”



From that point on, my son didn’t crack a smile or move a muscle. Several times I suggested he dance or sing along, but he kept telling me no. This was a serious event and he was going to soak it all in. The only time that we saw any movement was when his favorite Wiggle, Jeff, came into the audience and walked right in front of him. He waived and his eyes followed Jeff all the way through the audience until he couldn’t see him anymore.

Once the concert was over, then he became animated. In the lobby area, he was dancing in circles and singing “Yummy. Yummy.” at the top of his lungs. I can’t tell you how many circles we turned in before I put an end to the “dancing.” He was fine. I was dizzy.

I can’t tell you how much fun the world is now that we have my son. You get to look at everything with a whole different pair of eyes. Everything is new and exciting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg i love it. i can't wait to take my son. his fave group/tv show right now is hi-5. i hope they do a tour.

Anonymous said...

What a special day for him and for you! Such fun! I had to laugh because my son's favorite song is "Toot Toot Chugga Chugga" and his favorite Wiggle is, yes, you guessed it...Jeff! :)