Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Mirror Mirror on the Wall

Three cheers for the internet. I have been trying to decide what to do with my hair. It’s a very complicated process because I have a tendency to pick something and hold onto it with both hands. When it comes to hair, change does not come easily to me. I can be easily talked out of anything that I decide to do.

Anyhow, I’ve been haunting the internet lately looking at different styles. I went to Google, typed in “Korean Hair Styles” and I received lists of sites to visit. Isn’t that something? Truthfully, there isn’t much difference between Korean hair styles and American hair styles, but what I really wanted to see is what they looked like with Korean faces.

Perhaps my hair trauma comes from the fact that I spent most of my youth looking at hair styles with Caucasian faces and no real way to visualize how they would look with my face shape and coloring. If I had been blessed with the world wide web, I might have avoided a couple of pretty terrible mistakes – the spiral perm being the one that jumps right out at me.

Anyhow, I have made a decision and an appointment with the salon. However, I’m not telling anyone (including my mother) what I’m going to do. One negative sound (whether it’s actual or perceived) will send me back to the status quo. As my friend reminded me, hair will grow out.

No comments: