Sunday, November 04, 2007

I Took A Detour

Since my son’s arrival, I have been a lot more engrossed in Korean adoption than I was before. I’ve been making the rounds, checking the sites and writing my posts. However, for the last month, I’ve been slacking a little. I haven’t been keeping up with any of the other bloggers, so I’m not sure what the newest buzz might be. I haven’t been reading my news alerts. I haven’t been coming up with new ideas for posts.

Quite frankly, I’ve been too busy to let adoption rule my life. I have work, family, friends and a three year old that needs to get to soccer practice. I had to search stores and catalogs for the perfect firefighter outfit that my son requested for Halloween and (oh the horror) I had to clean my house to accommodate the various visitors.

I absolutely refuse to feel guilt for this little detour that I’ve taken. After all, my goal has never been to allow my adoption to rule my life. The goal is remember that adoption is a part of my life. However, I am painstakingly making it through as many of the news alerts and blog posts that I can right now and I am looking for ideas again…feel free to e-mail me if you have anything you would like to hear about. (koreaadopt@gmail.com)

No comments: