Monday, July 10, 2006

Away From Home

For those of you who read my other blog, you know that I have written a couple of posts about separation anxiety. I also wrote that I was taking a business trip to North Carolina and that I wasn’t able to take my son with me. Today is “Day 1” of the trip.

Link: Separation Anxiety

Yesterday, I didn’t even make it out of the Detroit airport before I called. He didn’t quite understand what was happening, but he told me “You ride on airplane.” I told him that yes I was going to ride on an airplane. He told me some other things that I can’t quite remember and that his grandparents were coming soon. He was excited about that.

I talked to my husband this morning and he told me that my mother-in-law took my son for a walk and they saw a plane fly over. She says that my son pointed at it and said “Mommy’s plane.” Of course, that does not help my separation anxiety at all.

No comments: