Monday, January 04, 2010

Welcome 2010

I am looking forward to 2010. 2009 was not my favorite year, but I like to remind myself that there are reasons for everything and I hope that the lessons have been learned. For sure, nothing will be the same.

The end of 2009 did bring new things. It brought us to a new spot in our second adoption. We received our referral for a little boy and now we are waiting for all of the various pieces to fall into place. I am doing my best not to become too excited. There are too many factors that have to happen and months to wait for a travel call. I know the process and I know that there are sudden pitfalls. After all, my parents had to go their congressman to get my visa completed. However, with the onset of the new year, I do finally feel like we are in the final countdown. It's a nice feeling.

3 comments:

Annie B said...

Congratulations on your referral! I hope things go smoothly for you in your adoption and whatever else 2010 brings you.

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!! You should update on the FAC yahoo group if you still visit that page. So happy for you!

Gigi said...

Congratulations on your referral. I hope the process goes fast for you.
I'm new to the blogging world and just started one today. We are in the process of our 4th adoption, this time a sibling...
If you want to check me out www.stewarts6.blogspot.com
From Korea With Love

All the best to you