Tuesday, July 25, 2006

He's Talking...

In about a weeks time, my son went from speaking in two word phrases to speaking in "almost" sentences and he doesn't stop. He talks from the minute he wakes up in the morning until he falls asleep at night. It wouldn't surprise me if he talks in his sleep. I love it! It's like he turned two and a half and someone opened the flood gates.

This week-end we were at a restaurant and he was eating the sundae that came with his dinner. He suddenly looked up at us and said "I'm a cat." He stuck his nose in his ice cream and started licking it like the cat. "I'm a cat," he said again. "Meow. Meow. Meow."

I love this stage where he is learning and he is pretending. Last night he put me to bed. He told me to lay down and he tucked the blanket around me. He patted me on the back and told me "Good Night. Sleep Tight. Bugs Bite. I love you. See you 'morrow." It was so cute. That's my ritual at night. He lays down and I cover him up. I always say, "Good Night. Sleep Tight. Don't let the bed bugs bite. I'll see you in the morning."

The only down side to this incredible increase in verbal skills is the fact that he can tell me how he really feels. It's not helping my guilt. I have to go back to North Carolina next week and I told him that yesterday. He said, "No Mommy. You not fly on airplane. You stay home with me." Sigh.

1 comment:

Jill said...

that's awesome.. we are still in 2 word phrases and my guy is 28 months!